PM’s address in the 16th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ - 2 (Joined by our sister Aparna Athare)




Today, we are joined by our sister Aparna Athare and other members of the Bengaluru Storytelling Society. Come, let’s talk to them and learn about their experience.

Prime Minister: – Hello

Aparna: – Namaskar, Respected Prime Minister! How are you?

Prime Minister: – I’m fine. How are you, Aparna ji?

Aparna: – Very well Sir. First of all, I would like to thank you on behalf of Bangalore Story Telling Society for having invited and speaking to artists like us on this platform.

Prime Minister: – And I heard, that today, perhaps your entire team is also sitting with you.

Aparna: – Yes, yes. Absolutely sir.

Prime Minister: – Then it would be better if you introduce your team. So that the listeners of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ can get acquainted with what a huge campaign you all are running.

Aparna: – Sir. I am Aparna Athare. I am a mother of two children, the wife of an Air Force Officer and a passionate storyteller sir. Storytelling began 15 years ago when I was working in the software industry. Having gone then for voluntary work for CSR projects, I got a chance to educate thousands of children through the medium of stories. And this story I was referring to… I had heard it from my grandmother. But when I saw the joy on the children’s faces while listening to the story, what do I say to you…. such smiles, so much happiness there… and that was the moment I decided that story telling would be a goal of my life sir.

Prime Minister: – Who else is there in your team?

Aparna: – Shailaja Sampath is with me.

Shailaja: – Namaskar sir.

Prime Minister: – Namaste Ji |

Shailaja: – I am Shailaja Sampath speaking. Earlier, I was a teacher. Once my children grew up, I started working in theatre and finally, felt most satisfied in storytelling.

Prime Minister: – Thank you!

Shailaja: – Soumya is with me.

Soumya: – Namaskar Sir!

Prime Minister: – Namaste Ji!

Soumya: – I am Soumya Srinivasan. I am a psychologist. When I work, with children and older people, I try to awaken the Navrasas in human beings through stories and discuss it with them. ‘Healing and transformative storytelling’ is my goal.

Aparna: – Namaste Sir!

Prime Minister: – Namaste Ji |

Aparna: My name is Aparna Jaishankar. I have had the good fortune of growing up with my maternal grandparents and paternal grandmother in different parts of the country, so stories from Ramayana, Puranas, Geeta every night, were an inheritance. And then, there is this organization like Bangalore Storytelling Society, so I had to be a storyteller. My fellow Lavanya Prasad is with me.

 Prime Minister:- Lavanya ji, Namastey!

Lavanya: -Namastey, Sir! I am an Electrical Engineer turned professional storyteller. Sir, I grew up listening to stories from my grandfather. I work with senior citizens. In my special project called ‘Roots’ where I help them document their life stories for their families.

Prime Minister: – Lavanya ji many congratulations to you. And as you said, once in Mann Ki Baat. I too had asked you all that if you have grandfather-grandmother, maternal grandfather-grandmother in your family, ask them of stories of their childhood and tape them, record them, it will be very useful, I had said. But I felt good that the way all of you introduced yourself…. even in that… your art, your communication skills and in very few words, in a very good way you introduced yourself, for that too I congratulate you.

Lavanya: -Thank you sir! Thank you!

Prime Minister: – Now our audience of Mann Ki Baat… they too must be wanting to hear a story. May I request you to narrate a story or two?

Chorus: – For sure, this is our good fortune.

Aparna Jaishankar: – “Come, let us hear the story of a king. The name of the king was Krishna Deva Rai and the name of the kingdom was Vijayanagar. This king of ours had many qualities. If at all there was any weakness, it was his excessive fondness for his minister Tenali Rama and secondly for food. Every day the king would sit for lunch with great hope that today something good must have been cooked and everyday his cook would serve the same insipid vegetables-ridge gourd, bottle gourd, pumpkin, apple gourd. One such day, the king while eating, threw away the plate in anger and ordered the cook to make some tasty vegetable the day after or else he would hang him. The poor cook was frightened. Now where would he go for new vegetables? The cook went running directly to Tenali Rama and told him the entire story. On listening, Tenali Rama gave an idea to the cook. Then next day the king came for lunch and called for the cook. Has something tasty has been cooked today or should I prepare the noose? The frightened cook immediately lay the plate with hot food. There was a new dish in the plate. The king was excited and he tasted a little of the dish. Umm, wow! What a dish! Neither tasteless like ridge gourd nor sweet like pumpkin. The cook too had put the spices after roasting and grinding and all had come off well. Licking his fingers, the king called the cook and asked… “What vegetable is it? What is its name?” The cook replied as he was taught. “Maharaj, this is the crown-crested brinjal. Lord, just like you this too is the king of vegetables and that is why the rest of the vegetables have adorned it with a crown.” The king was pleased and declared that from today he would eat only this crown crested brinjal. “And not only myself, in my kingdom too, only brinjal will be cooked and no other vegetable will be cooked.” Both, the king and the subjects were pleased. Initially, all were happy as they got a new vegetable, but as days passed by the excitement began going down. Mashed brinjal in one house, then fried brinjal in the other. Sambhar with brinjal at one place and brinjal with rice at the other. How many forms could the poor brinjal alone have? Gradually even the king got fed up. Every day the same brinjal! And then the day came when the king called the cook and scolded him a lot. “Who told you that the brinjal is crown crested. Hereafter, no one will eat brinjal in the kingdom. From tomorrow cook any vegetable but the brinjal.” “As you order Maharaja,” saying this the cook went straight to Tenali Rama. Falling at feet of Tenali Rama, he said, “thank you minister you saved my life. Because of your suggestion now I can serve any vegetable to the king.” Tenali Rama laughingly said, “What good is that minister who cannot keep his king pleased.” And like this the stories of King Krishnadeva Rai and minister Tenali Rama kept on evolving and people kept listening. Thanks.

Prime Minister: – You had such exactness in narration, you touched upon so many fine details, I understand that children, adults whoever listens to this will remember many things. You narrated in such a nice way and what a special co-incidence that nutrition week is going on in the country and your story is connected to food. And, definitely, I urge storytellers like you and other people to find ways to connect the new generation of our country with lives of great men and women through stories; we should also think of ways to publicise the art of storytelling, popularise it in every home specially with good stories for children…. Telling good stories to children should be a part of public life. We should work together in that direction, in creating that atmosphere. But I felt very nice talking to all of you. Best wishes to all of you. Thank you.

Chorus: Thank you sir.


We heard these sisters who through storytelling carry forward a united stream of our traditions.  When I was talking to him on the phone, it was such a long conversation and then I felt that there was a time limit for 'Mann Ki Baat', so I decided to upload all the things that I have  Talked to NarendraModi - You can definitely hear the full stories on the app.  In this 'Mann Ki Baat', I have presented only a small excerpt for you!  I definitely urge you to take some time in the family every week for stories, and you can also allocate every family member for a certain week, a topic, such as, compassion, sensitivity, valor, sacrifice  , Bravery - Choose any one, all family members reduce feelings.


(CONTINUE STORIES "MANN KI BAAT" PART - 3,4,5)

PM’s address in the 16th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’

PM’s address in the 16th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ - 3 (Travel the seven seas from the world of stories)

PM’s address in the 16th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ - 4

PM’s address in the 16th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ - 5

SOURCE NAME-  pmindia.gov.in

on. 24.oct.2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panchang 2021: See how many auspicious times in the year 2021, from land worship to buying a house or marriage

Why Maruti Vitara Brezza Becomes Number One Every Time, This Car Sells Greatly For These Five Reasons

ज्ञान की बात: आखिर सौरमंडल के इस ग्रह को क्यों कहा जाता है वैक्यूम क्लीनर?